Life is a Journey...

I've climbed mountains and walked through valleys in my lifetime. Some days are good, some days are bad. Faith in my own strength keeps me going and the love of my family. I welcome you to my journey.

Follow Me at Bipolar Vida!!!

Please join me on my journey to wellness--Click here to follow me!

Warning Signs of Mania

Your loved ones may notice these signs before you do. If they say something to you, now would be a good time to pay attention.
  • Increased energy
  • Decreased sleep
  • Little fatigue
  • An increase in activities
  • Restlessness
  • Rapid, virtually nonstop, often loud and emphatic, seemingly driven, and usually hard to interrupt speech
  • Incoherent speech
  • Clang associations: the association of words based on their sound, a type of rhyming if you will
  • Lack of insight
  • Inappropriate humor
  • Inappropriate behaviors
  • Impulsive behaviors
  • Financial extravagance
  • Grandiose thinking: thinking you're superior to others
  • Little to no sexuality or Hypersexuality: obsession with sex
  • Distractibility
  • Creative thinking
  • Flight of ideas: continuous flow from idea to idea during speech
  • Disorientation
  • Scattered thinking
  • Irritability
  • Excitability
  • Hostility
  • Feelings of exhilaration
  • Inflated self-esteem
  • Hallucinations (not present in hypomania)
  • Delusions (not present in hypomania)
  • Paranoia (generally not severe in hypomania)
  • Increased religious activities





Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  1. One Hypo said...
     

    I know these signs all to well.

  2. Psych Client said...
     

    Ah yes. I see many that apply to me on your list.

    My T has used the word manic but mostly "elation" and recently we've talked about bipolar II but I'm not sure that is a diagnosis yet.

Post a Comment



 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin